Tuesday, October 20, 2009

1 out of every 4 women

... will experience hair loss. According to this video of the television show "The Doctor's."


Watching this 26-year-old woman cry about her hair loss really made me cringe. My friends know that I've been worried about putting chemicals in my hair because I see so many older women with bald spots. Take my youthful beauty, but don't take my hair!

I'm glad the doctors tried to help her by using laser treatment. The "after" pictures showed a tremendous difference in her hair. I won't spoil the video for you by telling you too much about it, but I thought it was a really touching story.

Check it out here.

Self Magazine published an article "Hair Nightmare," that tells the story of women with similar stories to the one in the video. If you experience abnormal hair loss, you should see a specialist. It could be Alopecia, which has many classifications and causes, such as Telogen effluvium which can be caused by stress or nutritional deficiencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment