Yes, I am going to post about a 10-minute workout again.
Since my last attempt at this brief workout (in order to transition from doing nothing to something) failed, I decided to try something else. This time, I decided to do 50 squats and 100 crunches a night with my roommate, Gina.
So, last night we turned on Kanye's workout plan and got busy "squatting and crunching" in the middle of our living room. That is until our third roommate sucked all of the fun out of it by claiming we were doing it wrong. That didn't matter to us. How can you not enjoy "working out" to this?
Fortunately for us, today in Health and Fitness Writing class I learned a great way to do a squat using the Montenegro Method from Marta Montenegro herself. Marta is the founder, publisher and editor-in-chief of SoBeFit magazine and a certified personal trainer/strength and conditioning coach. Her method for doing a perfect squat basically involves placing a bench or chair behind you at knee length. You lower your body as if you're going to sit, to the point of touching the bench, but don't sit. If you do this and keep your back straight and chest up, you can fully engage your hamstrings, glutes and quads, Montenegro said.
Check it out here for more info about the method and squat routines. Our squat party is so ON for tonight Gina!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment